Monday, June 25, 2007

Last Thursday was the official day of summer, June 21st is the Summer Solstice and supposedly the longest day of the year for sunlight ... where its the longest, that I do not know but I prefer the first day of Fall and first day of Winter myself.

Weekly Update:
I have a strange feeling its going to get busy soon for me in July. Not sure why that is but I suppose that is the time you start to plan for Fall and Winter. The past few weeks have been pretty quiet and I sure was enjoying that. I only wish I had wi-fi available at work then that would really make the time fly by fast. But noooo, only hard firewalled connections, dang work keeping us down! Making us watch movies and giving us extra days off at work ... boooooo, Wi-Fi, Wi- Fi, Wi-Fi!! NERDS UNITE!!

At the movies:
The flood came and its on the way out as Evan Almighty takes the box office crown with 32.1 million opening. Showing up at #2 and with a BIG surprise is MGM's 1408 with 20.2 mil. Surfing in at #3 is "The Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer" with an extra 20.2 mil and a cume of just 100 mil in just 10 days. Holding at #4, "Ocean's Thirteen" with 11.3 mil and about out of steam. Rounding off the top 5 is "Knocked Up" with 10.6 mil more to the cume of just over 100 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Only one this time around, coming in at #10 is A Mighty Heart with only 4 mil, the heart in this film just wasn't mighty enough.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Interesting, turns out North Korea has agreed to bring down its nuclear program for a period of time and in exchange for this, the US will offer to un-freeze some over seas account which are around 25 million. First stories out reported sending them also fossil fuels, rice and lifting some economic sanctions against North Korea. I don't know, 25 million doesn't sound like a lot for a country yet the fossil fuels sounds like they may actually get some light at night now. I am sure more concessions will be offered to them and to allow continous inspections to make sure the program remains shut down. I have a feeling this is just the start of something bigger and we haven't seen the last of North Korea's nuclear program.

Facts & Tips:
The only bird who can see the color blue is the owl.

"I built an atomic bomb for my grade six science fair exhibit."- David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay in the TV series "Stargate: Atlantis."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home