Monday, May 13, 2019

So it warmed up pretty good toward the end of the week!  We were cloudy a lot this week and there was the promise of rain but none delivered.  It was cloudy a lot, most days till about noon or 1PM.  I wonder what is going on because as I have mentioned before, this is not normal for us in anyway!  I have on idea where this place is in the picture but it was a nice picture to use.  I do like the clouds, they make things way cooler!  More clouds, all the time please.

Weekly Update:
What happened this week ... nothing, another week of nothing.  But this picture I found is pretty spot on!  Hahaha, that would be a pretty good t-shirt, now I want to find one that has that!  The search is on for a nothing happened t-shirt.  Oh that is a funny story ... so I have a t-shirt that says Flynn's Arcade (from the movie "Tron" and "Tron: Legacy") and every time I wear that go to like Disneyland, someone always comments on it.  I was once leaving a parking lot and the guy in the booth saw my shirt through the window and said, "cool shirt!" I couldn't even see it very well and I was wearing it, it was dark!  What an interesting thing this shirt brings up and I just got it because I thought it was fun and I am a fan of the original Tron movie.  So, who knew and I wonder if I should get a back up for when this one wears out!

At the movies:
Hanging on to the #1 crown for a third week (and possibly final) is "Avengers: Endgame" with another 63.1 mil and now over 700 mil cume.  The drops though are above average though which is a bit surprising.  This film will definitely fall short of a billion domestic.  New at #2 is Pokemon Detective Pikachu with a surprising 58 million!  Above all expectations and word-of-mouth is good on this film.  Should easily break 100 mil sooner than later.  New at #3 is The Hustle with 13.5 mil and right on expectations for this film.  Hanging on to the #4 spot is "The Intruder" with another 6.6 mil and not much more on this one.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Long Shot" with another 6.1 mil and also this rom-com is about out.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Coming in at #6 is Poms with 5.1 mil and below expectations but not surprising.  Clearly was going for the Mother's Day crowd but couldn't find it going to see this film.  One other film that came in with about 1400 runs is Tolkien but only showed up at #9 with 2.2 mil.

Quote of the week:
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Facts & Tips:
The male ostrich can roar just like a lion.

"Hey, I don't appreciate your lack of sarcasm." - Kristen Schaal as Louise Belcher in the TV series "Bob's Burgers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home