Monday, January 06, 2014

Post New Years Edition ...

Well it continues to be summer time for Southern California as temps hit the high 80's most of the week and the nights mid 50's.  On both counts it is way to warm for this time of year and on top of that, way to dry as well.  This weather is really killing my hands with it being so dry!  Been having to use a lot of lotion and varying kinds to heal them with my skin splitting, pretty painful in some spots.  I mean I know it can get dry here but not heat dry ... we have had winter dry before and on top of that being winter with a heat dry.  What is going on!?  But there is one hand cream that I can not recommend enough and that is L'occitane hand cream/lotion.  It comes in these cool looking paint tubes and the reside that regular lotion leaves behinds dissipates pretty fast.  My top pick of the new year!


Weekly Update:
Not much of a week for me really ... New Year'
s Eve came and went.  Didn't do anything but watch TV and fell asleep a few times and then it was January 1st.  Honestly New Year's isn't that big of a deal to me anymore ... getting old and cynical?  I don't think so but just lost its flair and fun for the time being I guess.  I was actually glad it was over and moving on.  Heard a ton of fireworks but that was about it, didn't watch any or cared to.  This coming week should be more interesting, I think ... and hope for that matter but we will see what happens.  I think this weather is effecting me and I was never a summer person to be honest because I always said it is easier to warm up than it is to cool down.  Plus the fact that I found my winter gloves to wear and it has been to warm to wear them!

At the movies:
Disney takes the crown this week as "Frozen" earns the #1 spot in its 7th week of release with a nice 20.7 million.  This winter wonderland film is now just shy of 300 mil domestic and should break it probably by Tuesday.  New at #2 is Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones with a very strong 18.2 mil, pretty dang close to what I predicted at 20 mil.  Word-of-mouth is slow on this film so I wouldn't expect it to finish very strong.  Dropping down to #3 is "Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" with 16.3 mil and a cume now of 229.6 mil.  Holding on to #4 is "The Wolf of Wall Street" with 13.4 mil and rounding off the top 5 is "American Hustle" with 13.2 mil and should hit 100 mil in 10 days or so.

Quote of the Week:
"Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games." - Babe Ruth

Facts & Tips:
There is a ranch in Texas that is bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island.

"Mike, I just saw a fella talking to a Popsicle." - Davy Jones as Davy from the TV show "The Monkees."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home