Monday, November 25, 2013

Can't say the weather has been nice, just crazy!  Had a couple of days in the middle of the week where it felt like a mild summer and then it rained and then it went back to being the start of winter (well, winter as far as Southern California goes anyway).  Not sure what to expect this coming week, more rain? cold?  I would check the weather report but it is clearly accurate about 10% of the time these days.  I thought our technology allowed for us to get a better grasp of what is to come and what to expect with a high degree of accuracy? I see 50% and 30% a lot, that doesn't seem accurate at all to me but just a wild guess really by looking out the windy and opening it.

Weekly Update:
So I can't even remember what I did this week ... I remember fighting off a cold and it was a win-loss fight.  I think I did get a cold but was able to defeat it early instead of having it for more than 2 days.  So that is a win yet a loss in my book.  I thought I could fend it off but oh well.  I had some business meetings in the middle of the week and one of them was unexpected so to avoid traffic (they were in the Studio City area), I went to the 1337 Lounge Live to wait it out and play some video games.  What is funny is the night I went, they ended up having a pretty cool guest who is on the Conan Show from time-to-time and does their web marketing.  He was pretty funny and bought us all pizza since he was hungry himself.  The night turned out pretty cool and glad I swung by there to just chill out.  The rest of the week, a blur to me.

At the movies:
No surprises this week, not even with the gross of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as it burns in a nice 161.3 million for its debut, making records as far as November releases go.  As most predicted, a 150+ mil opener and with the solid word-of-mouth for even folks on the line with this film, this could be a nice 300 mil domestic box office.  At a distance second, "Thor: The Dark World" earns 14.1 mil but is still on track to break 200 mil domestic.  Average drop to #3 is "The Best Man Holiday" with another 12.5 mil.  New at #4, probably came out for potential counter-programming but didn't work, is The Delivery Man with only 8.2 mil for its debut.  Rounding off the top 5 (and sure to be its last time there) is "Free Birds" earning another 5.3 mil, probably will cap out around 60 mil but industry experts have it higher ... I don't know.

Quote of the week:
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." - Buddha

Facts & Tips:
There are 21 "secret" highways that are part of the Interstate Highway System.  They are not identified as such by road signs.

"It just goes from bad to worse." - Jamil Walker Smith as Master Sgt. Ronald Greer in the TV series "SGU Stargate Universe."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home