Monday, December 03, 2007

RAIN!!! We got some much needed rain last Friday and it was great. Nice over cast weather and the sounds of rain all day long, it was music to my ears at least. Is the winter starting or is this just some kind of vicious tease? I don't know but its also getting pretty cold which is fine with me as well. Like I say, its always easier to warm up than to cool down ... for me anyway.

Weekly Update:
I was actually planning on going back to work this past week for a couple of days, sort of ease into things. Instead, I got stuck calling in for jury duty and then I was selected as a juror on a case which is suppose to take 2 to 3 days (not including jury selection which was 2 days). It's kind of funny on the timing of it all but hey, what can you do. This is my first time being selected as a juror, all the other times I was just excused or was never sent to a court room and was let go at the end of the day.

At the movies:
A very slow week at the box office but didn't think it would be this slow. In at the #1 spot is "Enchanted" for its 2nd week and earning another 17 million. Overall a decent number as its now just over the 70 mil cume total. In a far distance #2 spot is "This Christmas" with only 8.4 mil. Third week at #3 is "Beowulf" with 7.8 mil and overall this film's numbers are disappointing. New at #4 is Awake with only 6 mil and ... this movie should have been called asleep. Rounding off the top 5 is "Hitman" earning another 5.8 mil.

Comment Response:
Will I keep the brace? Yeah, I think I will. I will just wash the pads and then store it. Never know when I may seriously need it.

Other News:
Mummification? I'm sorry, I don't know you! Recently a study of a well preserved dinosaur has given scientist some great insight into this creature as well as into the past. What I find interesting about this is the preservation of it and how mummification has helped us see more clearly of possibilities. Fairly recently the sarcophagus of King Tut was finally opened and new physical evidence shows an interesting story of his possible demise as fractures were found on his skull. This is almost like a Discovery Channel special ... looking glass into the past.

Facts & Tips:
Antarctica is the driest, coldest, windiest and highest continent on earth.

"Wow. You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels."- Judge Reinhold as Detective William 'Billy' Rosewood in "Beverly Hills Cop."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home