Monday, November 12, 2007

VETERANS DAY SPECIAL

This weekend brings us another holiday as we should all take just a moment to remember the end of World War I and the lives lost. I would say the majority of folks do not realize this weekend has a specific purpose other than shopping specials and an extra day off from work. Sad ...

Weekly Update:
It has been just over a month since I last blog'd and I am slowly starting to get back into the grove of things as I recover from my surgery. For the most part all went well and I was in the hospital for just over 2 weeks. The first 5 days were mainly recovery and then from there I was moved to another hospital (closer to home) for physical therapy. I discovered that if you seek rest and comfort, the hospital is the worst place to go. Every 2 to 3 hours a nurse wakes you up for medicine or just to check in on you. The bed ... I am still trying to heal from the sores it gave me. So I slowly start to recover from home, I will take it easy on the blogging for now so things may seem shorter or not as detailed as of yet.

At the movies:
The box office is buzzing this week as "Bee Movie" takes the crown in its second week with 26 million. Also holding onto the #2 spot is "American Gangster" with another 24.3 mil. New at #3 is the holiday comedy Fred Claus with 19.2 mil, not a bad number but I am sure WB was hoping to win the week. In at #4 is the drama Lions for Lambs with a very disappointing 6.7 mil given the cast line-up, looks like the lamb got away from this lion. Rounding off the top 5 is "Dan In Real Life" with 5.9 mil in its 3rd week.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Only 1 wide release this weekend, the thriller
P2 in at #8 with only 2.2 million. Actually that is 2 mil more than I thought it would make, sadly.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
So what has been going on ... California had some crazy wildfires, some arson and others just by accident. Both with devastating effects to the state. The Writers Guild of America recently going on strike so if not resolved soon, more reality shows may pop up to fill in. And the US death toll in Afghanistan rises as 6 soldiers were ambushed and killed. More troops are sent to both Iraq and Afghanistan which makes for more targets and a steady flow of causalities continues.

Facts & Tips:
Slugs have four noses.

"I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."- Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home