Monday, December 17, 2007

Bright days and chilly nights. Although there was no rain this week, the days and nights were extremely cold which is typically unusual but also welcomed. Yeah yeah, I know its freezing but hey, for here it is as close as we have to an actual winter season. When the air is this cold, it also feels crisp and smells a little bit cleaner than the standard smoggy odor. I hope it stays like this for the rest of the year, with some rain here and there of course.

Weekly Update:
A week of holiday cheer and a week of sadness. Last Friday night someone I knew for a very brief time, but still made an impact on me, was a former co-worker that was killed in a car accident. From the story as I know it, her and her boyfriend were coming home at 1 am when a drunk driver ran a red light hitting their car. Both the boyfriend and my friend were killed but the drunk driver survived the accident. Such a senseless tragedy for such a young women with a remarkable career that she just found. She was definitely going to make a huge name for herself in our industry only to have it cut short by stupidity. She will be greatly missed and I thank her for the short time I got to know her.

At the movies:
Will Smith takes the holiday box office by storm with a huge opening for I Am Legend coming in with 76.5 million. Nice bump in the holiday slump. New at #2 is the trio of singers Alvin and The Chipmunks with a surprising 45 mil. Big drop at the box office but hangs on to #3 is "The Golden Compass" with 9 mil, over a 65% decrease but not a surprising drop. At #4 is "Enchanted" with another 6 mil and on its way to an easy 100+ mil cume. Rounding off the top 5 is "No Country for Old Men" making its way from the indie crowd to main stream with 3 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week in wide release. In at #6 is Perfect Holiday with only 2.96 mil making it fall just barely short of the #5 spot.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Music legend Ike Turner passed away last week at the age of 76. Led by a life of hard rock, hard drugs and hard alcohol along with an abusive marriage to another music legend, Tina Turner. He passed away peacefully in his California home.

Facts & Tips:
A turkey can run at 20 mph.

"You're a doctor and Mom's a lawyer, and you're both successful in everything and that's great! But maybe I was born to be a regular person and have a regular life. If you weren't a doctor, I wouldn't love you less, because you're my dad. So rather than feeling disappointed because I'm not like you, maybe you should accept who I am and love me anyway, because I'm your son."- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Theodore 'Theo' Huxtable from the TV series "The Cosby Show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home