Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow talk about some crazy weather!! So it has been very cold as of late here but on Friday night and parts of Saturday we had MASS rains. It was like a shower head busted and water was pouring out. On Saturday it got so called in parts of LA ... downtown LA had hail but Burbank got a bunch of snow!!! I am not sure if it has ever snowed in Burbank before but I can tell you it hasn't in at least 2o or 30 years if it has. This coming week it is suppose to warm up a bit but still, talk about crazy! I just wish we had some of that snow down in the OC!! Now that would have been cool ... literally!!

Weekly Update:
Let me see ... oh this was kind of cool. I was at Nickelodeon on Friday and watching/listening to James record for the Kung Fu Panda TV show. The guest voice for this particular episode was Ken Jeong from movies like "Knocked Up," "The Hangover" and the TV show "Community." I have met him before and he vaguely remembered it which shocked me since it was probably around 2 or 3 years ago at a party. He were both then sitting in the recording studio listening to James, laughing it up and just chatting a bit for about 20 minutes or so. He was a big fan of James' and James was a fan of his. It was kind of cool and really fun at the same time. That sure doesn't happen every day!

At the movies:
Very sad weekend at the box office but it is a time where the end of the award season is wrapping up. Jumping up to #1 is "Gnomeo & Juliet" with an extra 14.2 million as it just reaches 75 mil cume. New at #2 is Hall Pass with 13.4 mil. Dropping down to #3 is "Unknown" with another 12.4 mil. Slight drop to #4 is "Just Go With It" earning an extra 11.1 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "I am Number Four" with another 11 mil and this was the first Disney/DreamWorks venture which didn't work out as strong as I am sure both had hoped for.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week as Drive Angry 3D comes in at #9 with only 5.1 mil for its debut. This film just put 3D technology back into the 80's, way to go Summit for making it cheesy again when it was just gaining ground as an enhancement to the movie-going experience. You know it will be horrendous when you actually put the word "3D" in the title!

Quote of the week:
"A politician is a person with whose politics you don't agree; if you agree with him he is a statesman." - David Llyod George

Other News:
Last night was the 83rd Annual Academy Awards, or Oscars for short. This year's themed seem to center around honoring the history of the Oscars with vintage clips and simply remembering this honored tradition ... it was nice. Overall this year's awards were pretty dry as a show. The host were just "ok" but not very funny or simply entertaining. They did their job and the show progressed. I think this show does need to be funny though, the best Oscars I can remember are when comedians hosted ... and that right there should be a hint, the ones I remember which means the ones I don't, weren't funny. Besides that, I don't feel there were any real shockers of the evening ... nothing really excited me. Felt like a few inside jokes between the presenters which always works on camera (sarcasm) and I am glad I recorded the show and started watching about an hour later ... I sure used that fast forward feature and not on the commercials. So another year gone, the best part of the show was the "In Memoriam" part which I always enjoy remembering who we lost in this business ... a sort of last farewell.

Facts & Tips:
There are seven letters that look the same upside down as right side up.

"Um... I've invited my dad to my wedding." - Amanda Seyfried as Sophie in "Mamma Mia!"

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah speaking of inside jokes, what was the deal with Hugh Jackman? Did he bail on hosting this year or something that they had to rag on him? I didn't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home