Monday, October 08, 2012

Cool weather report!  Finally we saw the days cool down!!  This past week it hovered in the low 90's but hey, compared to the previous weeks of 100 plus degree weather, it made a big difference!  This coming week looks to stay cooler and get back down into the mid 70's which is about right for this time of year.  Even some rain is expected which would also be nice because we can always use some water since we are in a forever drought in Southern California!  I wonder if we get rain, will that mean our winter will be nice and wet?  Well, I hope so ... that would be nice.

Weekly Update:
What did I do this week ... too much stuff.  I basically drove all over Los Angeles for two days and then went to two screenings yet I didn't watch either of the movies.  One of the movies I wanted to see but was too busy that I couldn't stay but I ended up seeing that same movie on Saturday night, "Taken 2."  I thought it was fine but the first one was way better.  The action in this new one was way up close and it was just a confused mess watching it.  Also, the film was suppose to be 90 minutes but yet it felt way longer which is never a good thing.  I think I would prefer to have waited to see this on DVD because to top it all off, the seats at the theatre I went to were very uncomfortable.  At least the auditorium wasn't crowded, in fact it was only maybe 10% full, sad for a new movie of his magnitude!  Well, more films starting to come out as we quickly approach the holidays.

At the movies:
No big shockers at the box office as the action film takes the lead in a huge way.  In at #1 is the sequel to the 2008 hit Taken 2 earns itself a hefty 50 million for its debut in a non-seasonal time frame.  Poor choice in websites though, using Facebook for your official site is always lame and cheap.  I actually got to see this film ... save your money and watch it on cable.  Good hold onto #2 is "Hotel Transylvania" with another 26.3 mil as it quickly approaches 100 mil.  Big jump up to #3 is "Pitch Perfect" as it earns 14.7 mil which is up 186% from its previous week as it goes from limited to wide.  Hanging on to #4 is "Looper" with another 12.2 mil as we head into the Halloween season of films, this movie will drop pretty fast.  Rounding off the top 5 is Frankenweenie with only 11.5 mil for its debut and just little short film made into a full length feature ... probably should have stayed short.

Quote of the week:
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Other News:
Here is both an interesting a cool list I stumbled across the other day ... the 10 most reliable used-cars for 2012.  I do not think these are in any particular order but I will list them from 10 down as I go through them.  #10) Acura TL - overall I think Acura's are excellent vehicles so doesn't surprise me this is on the list.  Very slick and holds it overall value.  #9) Ford Fusion - Not a fan of American made cars and this is no exception.  Very boring design but I am sure it is very reliable ... also the testimonial ads they do are so ridiculous and dumb. #8) Honda CR-V - Cute little SUV, I guess it is the compact of SUV types.  The ones I have seen are pretty spacious though it wouldn't seem like it.  #7) Lexus ES 350 - Never surprised to see a Lexus on the list but to me the 350 is a bit more sedan than I would care for.  #6) Lexus RX 350 (pictured) - yet another Lexus and this is their very reliable and holds-its-own SUV.  Mileage isn't that great unless you get the H series which is a hybrid.  #5) Lincoln MKZ - more luxurious than other cars and could be a nice town car for limo services.  #4) Mazda MX-5 Miata - Mazda in general seem pretty reliable but the Miata looks both dangerous in a wreck and not a great design for sports cars.  #3) Toyota Highlander - I am sure these are reliable but too big for my taste being an SUV and gas guzzler.  #2) Toyota Prius - No surprised to see another Toyota and the Prius.  Boring little car but reliable nonetheless.  #1) Toyota Yaris - rented one once ... wow talk about BORING, no style or design.  It was like driving an aluminum box.

Facts & Tips:
The bumblebee bat is the smallest mammal on Earth.  It weighs less than a penny.

"I look like the French Prince of Belarus." - Magnus Scheving as Anton Poldark in "The Spy Next Door."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home